Nevada State High School operates on a 12-month schedule. All available positions are in-person.
Join Our Team
At Nevada State High School, we are always looking for motivated professionals to join our team. Our current opportunities are posted below. If you want to help ensure that every student is college-ready, take a look and apply today!
- Campus Instructional Assistant Director – Southern Nevada
- Educational Advising Coordinator – Southern Nevada
- Human Resources Coordinator – Southern Nevada
- Student Recruitment Coordinator – Southern Nevada
- Special Programs Coordinator – Southern Nevada
- The Special Programs Coordinator is a critical needs position and PERS retirees are encouraged to apply.
- Marketing and Engagement Intern
- Math Tutor – Southwest Nevada
Documents Required at the Time of Application
- Copy of most current resume
- Copy of education, training and/or experience/license
- Copy of a completed Nevada State HS employment application
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Performance pay
- Health insurance
- Vision/dental insurance
- State retirement plan (PERS)
- Paid time off, including personal days and holidays
After receiving your application documents, Nevada State High School hiring committee asks for your active participation in working to get you through the hiring process while honoring the turnaround time for each step. Please keep in mind the timeline “and” your availability when submitting your application. IMPORTANT: Only a select number of candidates will proceed to the next step in the process.
- Application Documents: There are two (2) ways candidates can submit an application:
A. Complete employee application and either complete and sign digitally or print out, sign, scan, and submit through the NSHS help ticket portal with resume, unofficial copy of transcripts, and applicable license(s)/endorsement(s). HARD COPIES AND EMAILS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ;
Timeline: Candidates will receive a response from NSHS within 1 business day following submission.
- Technical Skills: Selected candidates will be given a Technical Skills Assessment that is intended to be completed within 30-60 minutes.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one business (1) day to submit responses
- Phone Screening Interview: Selected candidates will conduct a 15-20 minute initial phone screening interview with the NSHS Human Resource Manager or other designated employee.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one business (1) day after NSHS requests to schedule a phone screening to provide interview availability during the following two (2) days.
- In-person Interview: Selected candidates will conduct a 45-60 minutes in-person interview with an assigned NSHS employee. NOTE: In accordance with COVID-19 restrictions, interviews may be conducted through video conferencing.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS requests to schedule an in-person interview within the next two (2) to three (3) business days.
- Cultural Fit Project: Select candidates will be given a paid “Cultural Fit Project” that includes site observations, phone/in-person interviews of current NSHS employees, and producing a summary report.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given seven (7) days to complete this project.
- Core Values Speech: Select candidates will conduct an in-person or 30-60 minute Core Values Speech with the NSHS Chief Operating Officer. NOTE: In accordance with COVID-19 restrictions, interviews may be conducted through video conferencing.
Timeline: Selected candidates will be contacted by the NSHS Human Resources Manager to schedule an appointment for the Core Values speech (or follow-up appointment) within three (3) business days of completing the Cultural Fit Project.
Estimated timeline to complete all steps from the initial application to the core values speech will range from 9-14 days. Again, please keep in mind your subsequent availability when submitting an application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nevada State High School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in admissions, access, treatment, or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, or disability.