At Nevada State High School, we are always looking for motivated professionals to join our team. Our current opportunities are posted below. If you want to help ensure that every student is college-ready, take a look and apply today!
Join Our Team
Documents Required at the Time of Application
- Copy of most current resume
- Copy of education, training and/or experience/license
- Copy of a completed Nevada State HS employment application
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Performance pay
- Health insurance
- Vision/dental insurance
- State retirement plan (PERS)
- Paid time off, including personal days and holidays
After receiving your application documents, Nevada State High School hiring committee asks for your active participation in working to get you through the hiring process while honoring the turnaround time for each step. Please keep in mind the timeline “and” your availability when submitting your application. IMPORTANT: Only a select number of candidates will proceed to the next step in the process.
- Application Documents: There are two (2) ways candidates can submit an application:
A. Scan and Submit documents through the network’s help ticket portal with the three documents to include the following: NSHS application, resume, and a copy of transcripts and/or applicable license(s)/endorsement(s) or;
B. Create an account with Government Jobs and complete the online application. You will be required to submit your resume and, depending on the position, a copy of transcripts and/or applicable license(s)/endorsement(s)
NO HARD COPIES OR EMAILS
Timeline: Candidates will receive a response from NSHS
- Technical Skills: Select candidates will be given a (30 – 60 minutes) technical skills assessments.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS request to submit their responses
- Phone Interview: NSHS will conduct a (15 – 20 minutes) initial phone interview with select candidates.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS requests to schedule a phone interview within the next two (2) to three (3) days.
- In-person Interview: NSHS will conduct a (45 – 90 minutes) in-person interview with select candidates.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS requests to schedule an in-person interview within the next two (2) to three (3) days.
- Cultural Fit Project: Select candidates will be given a paid “cultural fit” project to include site observations, phone/in-person interviews of current NSHS employees, and produce a summary report.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given five (5) days to complete this project.
- Core Values Speech: NSHS will conduct a (15 – 20 minutes) core values speech with candidates.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day to contact NSHS to schedule their appointment for the Core Values speech (or follow-up appointment) within the next two (2) to three (3) days.
Estimated timeline to complete all steps from the initial application to the core values speech will range from 9 – 14 days. Again, please keep in mind your subsequent availability when submitting your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nevada State High School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in admissions, access, treatment, or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, or disability.