Position Status: OPEN Summerlin
General Purpose of the Position
Under the direction of the Nevada State High School Executive Director, the Director of Site Administration shall direct, execute, plan, develop, and supervise instruction of Nevada State High School’s curriculum and program structure in accordance with policies, practices, and procedures prescribed by law and the Nevada State High School Governing Body, written charter, and school model. This is a demanding site leadership position with freedom and flexibility to make progress with employees and increase student achievement and manage the school’s resources. This position requires the evaluation and coordination of measurable school and student outcomes in alignment with the school’s strategic framework. This position will require occasional travel and work from other sites in the Nevada State High School network. As such, the position will require a high degree of accuracy, timeliness, and production across the functions including but not limited to safety/security of students, student testing/achievement, stakeholder meetings, registration and retention of students and overall leadership, management and accountability. It is essential that any person hired for this position believe in and adhere to the NSHS mission and core values.
Documents Required at the Time of Application
This position is open until filled.
To accept applications, Nevada State High School is requesting all of the following:
- Nevada State High School Application
- Copy of most current resume
- Copy of education, training and/or experience/license
After receiving your application documents, Nevada State High School hiring committee asks for your active participation in working to get you through the hiring process while honoring the turnaround time for each step. Please keep in mind the timeline “and” your availability when submitting your application. IMPORTANT: Only a select number of candidates will proceed to the next step in the process.
- Application Documents: Candidates are asked to submit their documents through the network’s help ticket portal. These three documents include the following: NSHS application, resume, and a copy of transcripts and/or applicable license(s)/endorsement(s)
Please scan and submit your documents to NSHS Human Resource Dept. http://help.earlycollegenv.com
NO HARD COPIES OR EMAILS
Timeline: Candidates will receive a response from NSHS
- Technical Skills: Select candidates will be given a (30 – 60 minutes) technical skills assessments.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS request to submit their responses
- Phone Interview: NSHS will conduct a (15 – 20 minutes) initial phone interview with select candidates.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS requests to schedule a phone interview within the next two (2) to three (3) days.
- In-person Interview: NSHS will conduct a (45 – 90 minutes) in-person interview with select candidates.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day after NSHS requests to schedule an in-person interview within the next two (2) to three (3) days.
- Cultural Fit Project: Select candidates will be given a paid “cultural fit” project to include site observations, phone/in-person interviews of current NSHS employees, and produce a summary report.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given five (5) days to complete this project.
- Core Values Speech: NSHS will conduct a (15 – 20 minutes) core values speech with candidates.
Timeline: Selected candidates are given one (1) day to contact NSHS to schedule their appointment for the Core Values speech (or follow-up appointment) within the next two (2) to three (3) days.
Estimated timeline to complete all steps from the initial application to the core values speech will range from 9 – 14 days. Again, please keep in mind your subsequent availability when submitting your application.