Nevada State High School and Parents in Partnership (PiP) work together to create a unique educational experience for our students by building a strong parent-school partnership that enhances information sharing, empowering parents to impact their child’s success in school and after graduation. PiP meetings are held every other month and afford parents the opportunity to become informed of and involved in their child’s educational process.
Parental involvement is at the heart of student achievement, and parents play a pivotal role in the education of their children. It is never too late to make a difference in your child’s life. They still need your advice, direction, and involvement. NSHS’s Parents in Partnership helps build and strengthen partnerships between parents, students, and school administrators so that all students are successful.
There is no better investment than your child’s education!
Parents in Partnership E-Mail: PiP@earlycollegenv.com
How to Become a Partner with NSHS
The #1 way to partner with NSHS is to become informed of what the school and your student are doing by:
- Asking your student questions about school and his/her progress:
- What is your student working on?
- Is your student keeping up with the reading/studying?
- Is your student aware of test dates and due dates for assignments?
- Checking the NSHS website periodically
- Checking the Parents in Partnership (PiP) web page periodically
- Attending PiP informational meetings
Become involved by participating in student events, activities and/or fundraisers held throughout the school year:
- Chaperone or supervise an activity or event
- Support fundraisers, activities, and events:
- Buy a car wash ticket (tell friends and family)
- Purchase a yearbook
- Purchase a Prom ticket
Find out what the Student Committees are working on (Student Union, Yearbook, Prom) and ask how you or your student can help
Let us know about a special talent, skill, or expertise that you would like to contribute:
- Help organize an event
- Tell us about a business or service provider that you would highly recommend
- Donate your time and/or services
Email PiP@earlycollegenv.com and let us know that you are willing to volunteer some time and/or service.