To be eligible to attend Nevada State High School (NSHS), students need to meet the following requirements:
- All students registering for the fall must be juniors (entering their 3rd year with 11+ credits) or seniors (entering their 4th year with 17+ credits).
- All students registering for the spring must be juniors (currently in their 3rd year with 14+ credits) or seniors (currently in their 4th year with 20+ credits).
- Fall Semester: February 1 to August 1 or until it is no longer possible to gain a college schedule (usually September 1)
- Spring Semester: Mid-November to mid-January or until it is no longer possible to gain a college schedule
Step 1: Complete the online registration form.
Step 2: Complete the four phases of registration.
Students need to complete all necessary paperwork for enrollment at NSHS, take college placement tests, create college accounts and develop their schedules, and actually register for their classes. Below is a brief description of each of these registration phases.
Phase 1: Initial Consultation (student and parent/guardian attend in person at NSHS)
- A signed NSHS Registration Form printed from the confirmation email you received after submitting online
- A signed/completed NSHS Health Form
- A copy of your updated immunization records
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of parent/guardian identification or documentation
- A copy of your most recent transcript (with current classes listed)
- A copy of your ACT score w/writing if available (required for graduation)
- If applicable:
- A copy of updated or exit 504 or IEP documentation
- A copy of ELL (English Language Learner) documentation
Phase 2: Placement Testing (student attends in person at NSHS)
- Important Reminder: Brush up on basic math skills before testing! NSHS has no authority or influence over your scores, so it’s up to you to be prepared and do your best. Click the “Prepare for Placement Test” button below to find helpful practice questions and tips.