A Typical 1st Semester Schedule:
- College Math (level based on college placement test)
- English (level based on college placement test)
- U.S. History or Government (college course)
- Introduction to College – high school elective (2-weeks before school)
- Study Skills – high school elective (2-days a week for 2 hours)
- Transition Course – high school elective (once a month course all day
During the high school elective courses the first semester, NSHS works with students to be able to plan their college course pathway toward an possible Associate’s degree and Bachelor’s. When students earn the privilege to take more college courses, they have a plan that will help them make the most of the courses they take to help propel them toward a degree.
NSHS students can take 3 or more credit remedial and 100-200 level college courses that will count for high school.