A Typical 1st Semester Schedule:
- College Math (level based on college placement test)
- English (level based on college placement test)
- U.S. History or Government (college course)
- Introduction to College – high school elective (2-weeks before school)
- Study Skills – high school elective (2-days a week for 2 hours)
- Transition Course – high school elective (once a month course all day
During the high school elective courses the first semester, NSHS works with students to be able to plan their college course pathway toward a possible Associate’s degree and Bachelor’s. When students earn the privilege to take more college courses, they have a plan that will help them make the most of the courses they take to help propel them toward a degree.
NSHS students can take 3 or more credit remedial and 100-200 level college courses that will count for high school.